Saturday, December 27, 2008

Crafty Christmas Stuff

I never got a chance to post all of the Christmas things I made. Mostly it was because I was a slacker and didn't finish everything up until the last minute.

First up is the gift basket I made for my sister. She recently moved out for her first time. And she is realizing that money is a bit hard to come by when you are on your own. So I made her a gift basket full of goodies like toothpaste and brushes, cough syrup, shampoo and conditioner, etc. I put it all in a basket and wrapped some pretty paper around each item to make the basket look a bit more festive.
For my mom, I drew a picture. Since my mom loves polar bears, a found a picture of a momma polar bear and her two cubs that reminded me of my mom, sister, and I. I then framed and matted it for her in a nice frame.


And last but not least for my dad I made a tin holder that was decoupaged with all of his favorite sports teams. This was by far the most time consuming project, but well worth it.


Those are some of the things that I gave away for the holiday season. What did you give away?

1 comment:

Saucy said...

That tin is fairly well genius and so is the gift basket for your sis. My mother used to do the same thing for me back when I was a student. Much obliged I was to her for it. Your polar bears are wonderful.