Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jerry's Brought My Mojo Back!

So I went to Jerry's Art-o-rama today. If you live in Raleigh and are any kind of artist at all, you MUST go there. It is an artist's haven. Almost anything you could ever need is there. I got lost in the aisles of paint, pencils, and paper. It was wonderful.


As I was wandering through the aisles, my urge to draw returned. This is a HUGE deal because I really haven't picked up a pencil much in the past 8 years. I have drawn a few tattoos, but really not much else. My inspiration just left me. So as soon as that excitement returned, I picked up a brand new sketch book. Sure I have 4 at home, but I thought with such a special occasion I deserved another one. As the night has worn on, I have been working on a hibiscus flower. It is not as nice as I would like it to be, but my drawing skills are a bit rusty. When I have it finished, I will post it.


I want to finish the basic shading before I go to bed, and since it is just past midnight now, I had better stop writing :)

Until the next time!

No comments: