Saturday, August 30, 2008

Red & White

My favorite sporting time of year has just began - football and hockey season! And coincidentally my two favorite teams (the NC State Wolfpack and the Carolina Hurricanes) have the same colors. In honor of them, I crafted this card in their colors - red and white!

This card is based on a layout from the Hero Art's blog that was pasted a couple of weeks ago. Are you starting to see a pattern here? I never have time to craft my card the week the layout is posted! There is just not enough time in the week for me which I am sure you can see by my sporatic postings. It just takes such a long time to set up my "crafting space" in the middle of the living room. I use "crafting space" as a very loose term since it consists a coffee table, a big plastic bin and two bags. One of these days I will have a real "crafting space" which I can leave all of my stamps out where I can see them and can give all of my tools a place of there own to live... Ahh, to dream.

Now to the card... This card was started and restarted at least 5 times. I started out making all the small butterflies in the oval shape with the rectangle portion being red and with large butterflies Versamarked on it. That didn't work, so I tried to reverse it and use paisley print stamps Versamarked in the rectangle and the paisley printed butterfly in black on the red CS... Well, you get the idea. The only change I would make, if I could, would to change out the top red ribbon with a solid satin one. All of the stamps that I used are from Papertrey's Butterfly Kisses set. Overall, I am happy with the end result of the card.

Well, that is it for the night. Until next time...

No comments: